- 1 Create your business description and website logo if you have not already. If your website has an "About Me" page, you may choose to use this for your description.
- 2 Create an account with Google. Then go to Google.com/local.
- 3 Click on "Put your business on Google maps". Then click "Add New Business".
- 4 Fill out the information with your company name, business address, business phone number and email address, your URL and a business description. Select the category that your business will best fit in. Determine your operating hours (if applicable). Select payment options (paypal, VISA, cash, etc). Add a photo or logo. Add a video (if relevant). Then click "Submit."
- 5 Determine how you want to validate your account. If you opt to validate by phone, you will receive a call within one minute that will give you a code. Enter the code to verify the information. From there, Google will create your profile. This may take a few days.
- 6 Check back each day until your website goes live on Google Maps.
Once you get done entering this information, you are ready to submit your data to Google who will then verify that you are the owner of the business by calling the number you provided during normal business hours. Of course it’s a good idea to cue in all employees that are likely to answer the phone that Google Places will be calling to verify ownership so that everyone knows what to expect. Once your Google submission has been verified, visitors to your Google Places page will see a green tick mark and statement proclaiming that yours is an ‘owner verified listing’. Anyway, this is a pretty nifty way to get free local advertising on the first page of Google, so if you haven’t already done so, go ahead and reach out and grab that low hanging Inbound Marketing fruit!
To your success,
Thomas Price, AST (Automated Success Team), Motor Club of America San Antonio
View my teams business listing - http://www.manta.com/c/mx2p527/motor-club-of-america-san-antonio-ast-automated-success-team
Follow me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MCASaAutomatedSuccessTeam
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/MoneyzCash
Follow my blog - http://easydinero20.blogspot.com/
Tags: Traffic generation, Get Found Online, SEO, advertising, marketing, sales, customer service, public relations, promotional advertising, entertainment, entry-level management, promotional marketing, campaign development, communications, management, business development, marketing, advertising, sales, customer service representative, training, event coordination, management training program, direct marketing, part time, mass communications, project management, entrepreneur, sales management, retail, events, outside sales, other, general, google, google adwords, mca, motor club of america, AST, automated success team, mlm, website traffic, free google advertising, free ads