Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Art of getting Recommendations

When you’ve made the sale, you close your kit, and when the prospect sees you close the kit, the process is over in their mind and they kind of relax. Then the first thing I say is, “I want to ask you a question. As a matter of fact, I need your help. We’ve found as a company that we get our best members from people just like you, hard-working, responsible people. Who do you know here in this area that would make me a good member?”

When somebody says “I want to ask you a question” an antenna goes up. They kind of perk up a little bit. And then you say “As a matter of fact, I need your help.” They immediately move to ‘how can I help this guy?’ Then you say “we’ve found as a company” – not that I’ve found, but “we’ve found as a company that our very best members come from people just like you, hard-working, responsible people. Who do you know here in the area that would make a good member?” You don’t say, “Who do you know that would buy this?” or “Who’d be interested in it?” because you don’t want your prospect trying to figure out, ‘who would buy it or who would be interested.’ You just say, “who’d make a good member?”

The average person will give you five names of people to go see. With those people you call on as a result of recommendations, the closing ratio is a lot higher than cold calls, because a friend or relative, someone they respect or love, sent you over there. If you want a long career in the motor club business, learn the art of getting recommendations. After many years in the Direct Sales Industry, I have found that the people that are successful and have long careers with any company, have learned the art of getting recommendations.

Http://www.cashflowemployees.com

To your success,
Thomas Price, AST (Automated Success Team), Motor Club of America San Antonio

View my teams business listing - http://www.manta.com/c/mx2p527/motor-club-of-america-san-antonio-ast-automated-success-team

Follow me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MCASaAutomatedSuccessTeam
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/MoneyzCash
Follow my blog - http://easydinero20.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment